CARMEX Lip Balm

I am a lip balm junkie.
Started with chapstick back in high school, then Bonne Bell's Skittles to Blistex to Burt's Bees then I bought brand after brand and so the result-- a lip balm collection.

Yeah I know they get bad after quite sometime because lip balms expire too. I kept the tubes anyway as a reminder of the lip balm experience for a specific brand.

I'll be reviewing the latest lip balms I have purchased so far. But my HG for now: Carmex Strawberry.

I didn't expect I'd like Carmex- heck I use it everyday. In fact its the only lip balm that I have used every single day for a long period.

Carmex performed way beyond my expectations. Compared to other brands that just sits on your lips but when removed leaves it feeling blah, Carmex, upon application feels tingly, think mentholated strawberry flavor. Its like rubbing a very very mild Vick's on your lips in a nice way as it gives instant cooling sensation that lasts- and soft lips!

I am gonna warn you though that the consistency of this lip balm when applied to lips is okay, not too thick, but because of its cooling sensation, you wont feel that heaviness after application as with other lip balms.


Take note that this lip balm wont give you shiny lips. Which is just perfect for me because I use this with my Evera Magic lipstick every single day. I apply this first then the magic lipstick and the result: super soft long wear hot pink lips :-)

Before, you can only get this on eBay for about Php150-250. The good thing is it is now available here, I bought mine at Landmark Department store in Trinoma for Php99. They also carry the tin version, tube and original stick for the same price.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

blushingpossum said...

I'll definitely check this out! Great review :)

DjoannaGrace said...

Thanks! Sure try it and see for yourself :-)

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.