Review 2016: L'oreal Fashion Excellence in Ashy Nude Brown

This is my very first time trying out a L'oreal hair color. I bought this because it was on sale for P399 from its original retail price of P499- then after a few months L'oreal announced that this hair color will be on a permanently markdown price at P399. I had to laugh because I remember rushing into a Watson's store just to buy this one to catch up on the sale and save P100.

It took me about 15 minutes to decide which color to buy and I settled for this one because I hate orangey/coppery colors - it just doesn't suit my skin tone. I learned from my Revlon disaster hair color experience that any hair dye with a "golden" on its name - no matter how beautiful the model's picture was on the box - will turn out reddish/orangish on me. But after trying out this one - I learned it will also depend on your previous hair's color/state.



As you can see on the box, this is a beautiful color - it doesn't have a hint of red/orange on it.
Its almost like a darker hazel brown or caramel brown shade. But I was disappointed with the outcome after using this.



When I first opened the box - I can't stop sniffing it - it smells lovely like an expensive perfume has been sprayed on it. Only L'oreal hair colors have a protective pre-color serum. Most brands doesn't have one. They have also included a mini comb that you can use to replace the pointed applicator for an easy even hair color application.


I'll make this review short - so here are the facts:

My hair: natural straight hair - shoulder length as of this coloring January 2016
Previous hair color: Kolours in Medium Brown October 2015

About 12-14 hours from my last shower - I applied the hair color minutes after putting the protective pre-color serum on my hair. I didn't bother testing for any allergic reaction which I know is wrong. I was praying while dyeing my hair because I've read some articles of people who died while coloring their hair. Anyway, so I did put the protective pre-color serum mostly on the lower parts of my hair as advised on the leaflet - to protect the dry ends.  The serum smells a fresh floral smell - very nice. I was a bit doubtful also because the serum shouldn't be rinsed off according to instructions - so I was really thinking how the color would stick.

So here is my after shower photo. When I first looked in the mirror - I wanted to cry:




Clearly a disaster I know. My hair feels oh so soft and smells great thanks to the generous amount of their after color conditioner (a 40ml conditioner that you can use 2-3x) but when I looked in the mirror I was very disappointed.


The top of my head is color orange or gold or whatever. The middle and bottom - its dark brown - same color before I dyed. I wanted to like it so much and say, give it a couple of more days but I will be attending an office meeting in 2 days and I can't afford to look like this.



It's impossible that one box isn't enough - I have thin shoulder length hair. I used all of the mixture and my hair was very saturated all over with this hair color. I used a shower cap too and left it 30-35 minutes before rinsing.


Kolours saved my life after 24 hours - good thing I have a spare Medium Brown shade stock. I colored my roots the next morning. I really wanted to like this but I can't stand seeing myself with a very orangey top hair color and dark brown in the middle to bottom - if all my hair has turned this orangey/golden evenly all over perhaps I wouldn't mind.

So perhaps in the future I would still buy a L'oreal hair color given that their price is more affordable now at P399. Next time I would skip the Pre-color protective serum because I was suspecting that was the culprit why the color didn't stick. I would also leave it on for 50 minutes. I would also probably buy their Chocolate / Caramel brown shade.


PROs:
- Serum and conditioner smells good
- Color when mixed also smells pretty
- I love the comb applicator
- My hair feels so soft and shiny after coloring
- Easy to remove hair color stains on ears/face

CONs:
 - Color outcome on me not good - the color didn't stick
 - Chemical is too strong - I felt some stinging and my eyes watered a little while applying this
 - A bit expensive at P399


So the next time I buy a L'oreal hair color or if you plan on buying one - have a L'oreal expert at the mall apply it for you. They sometimes have booths that offers free application service and I will probably try that.





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.