Review 2016: Totoro Powerbank

Our family is a huge fan of online shopping - especially those with a COD (Cash on Delivery) payment method option. My brother always has vouchers and would ask me what I wanted to buy at Lazada. Power banks are in these days but I didn't think I really need it - I realized though that its a must have for me especially when I am out in the office on training from 9am to 5pm and since my phone is almost 2 years old - the battery drains really fast especially with the data/internet turned on.

This cute powerbank caught my eye at Lazada - especially because it is cheap. I do not know what a Totoro is but I learned from research online that it is a cartoon character in a Japanese anime film. Anyway, I know I should have purchased a more reliable brand like Romoss but I decided to try this one because it is CUTE!


It was on a discounted price of P474 with a freebie 8ml Rose scented EDT but with my brother's voucher I only paid about P390 for this which isn't really that much.


This is how big it is - for me its quite handy and its not that heavy. The plastic material (the pink portion) has a rough texture (not rubberized) which is fine for a better grip, the white portion is smooth.

The box has no manual or instructions at all even at the back its just blank- and that made me realize that this is indeed a generic powerbank which means that its declared capacity should not be expected. The included USB cable is quite disappointing because its short - probably about 10-12 inches.




The lights of the powerbank blinks as it charges which is really cute - but its performance is inadequate.



Charging time takes exactly 8 hours. I tried it and it only charged my Samsung Note II once (full charge) and an Iphone 4s (1 full and 50% charge). Calculating these devices battery mAH it means technically this powerbank only has 5,245 mAh or probably less at 5000mAh compared to what it claims that it is 20,000mAh.


Anyway, I had been using this daily since I got it to test it and I was also thinking about returning it since Lazada has a 7day return policy. But I decided on keeping it because it is cute, it is pink, and I am not always out longer than 24 hours so why would I need a branded, expensive, heavy, reliable powerbank? Maybe not now, and soon I would probably buy the reliable boring ones.


So I am keeping this cute little thing, I just hope it would last! I don't really mind if it really has only 5,000 mAh as long as it is durable somehow.


PRO s:

- Cute
- Handy
- Light
- Charges devices fast

CON s:

- Not 20,000mAh
- It only has about 5,000 mAh but its charging time is long for 8hrs!



UPDATE:

My cute power bank stopped working altogether as of this writing (June 2016)...So it lasted only about 3 months?
Don't buy this, just save your money and buy the branded ones.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this review i was planning to buy one since they had an add like this but this time its like buy one take one for P599.00 Great help.

DjoannaGrace said...

You're welcome! Just buy Romoss or another reputable brand... I bought 2 (Romoss) and its very good :-)

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.