Review 2016: L'oreal Matt Magique All-in-one Matte Transforming Powder

I remember seeing an ad on  a fashion magazine of a powder foundation that stays put on your face for 12 hours and makes it flawless and oil free - that was years ago and I think it was a Shiseido brand which an average earner like me wouldn't be able to afford unless I save up for it. But since make-up is really not my choice of a splurge I had to live with drugstore brands - mediocre powders and foundations and of course, my oil control sheets.

My face is like an oil factory - I have big pores and super oily skin. I got this from my mom who has a very oily skin too. Though I've heard that people with oily skin are lucky because of the fact that it helps keep wrinkles at bay I still envy women with matte oil free skin (dry type?). They do not have to deal with applying a lot of powder or foundation to hide that ugly oil or shine - they do not have to worry after a few minutes or hours after applying make-up if they still look fresh or already shiny (sigh). So when L'oreal came up with their product Mat Magique powder back in 2014 I was intrigued because of its  low price at Php400! Then Maybelline came up with their own oil free 12hour foundation too and that one was way cheaper but that is another story.



Anyway here's the description of the product according to its box:

ALL-IN-ONE
MATTE TRANSFORMING POWDER
SPF 34 PA+++| 12 HOUR SHINE RESISTANT*

THE 1ST** MAGICAL MATTE ALL-IN-ONE POWDER INFUSED WITH VOLCANIC PERLITE INFUSION, A NATURAL YET POWERFUL SEBUM ABSORBANT.

COMPLEXION ENJOYS A JUST-OUT-OF-
SHOWER FRESH FINISH 7 SENSATION. 12H SHINE- FREE,
PORELESS SKIN PERFECTION THAT LASTS.

1. PRIMES +
 SHINE-FREE SKIN CANVAS FOR
A SKIN BALANCING PREPARATION

2. COVERS+
MINIMIZE APPEARANCE OF ALL BLEMISH & SKIN IMPERFECTIONS.

3. PERFECTS+
ULTRA-SMOOTH PORELESS SKIN TRANSFORMATION.
A REFINED AIR SMOOTHING FINISH.

RESULT:
12H SHINE-FREE FRESH LOOK, IMPECCABLY PORELESS
FINISH AND ULTRA SENSORIAL VELVETY SOFT TOUCH.

USE ALONE OR APPLY EVENLY OVER BB CREAM
OR LIQUID FOUNDATION

NON- COMEDOGENIC

*SELF ASSESSMENT ON 119 WOMEN
**FROM L'OREAL PARIS

L'OREAL MAT MAGIQUE IN G1 VANILLA IVORY



If you have a very oily skin like mine, then chances are you will only be disappointed with this powder.
It didn't last me 12 hours! 2 hours and I am already a bit shiny with this one. Another 2 hours and I can already feel the oil if touch my face. I still love it, though. I love the shade of the powder and how soft it is. I use this on top of L'oreal's true match foundation in G3 Gold Vanilla and they're a perfect match. I like that I can easily tap it on my face after I apply my foundation and my pores are instantly gone as well as the shine too. After an hour or two, I would use an oil blotting film to remove shine and oil, and then I'd look fresh again.



The compact is surprisingly light - as I am used to IN2It and ZA's compacts which are quite long and very glossy. It is stubby but it is cute. The back of the compact is made of transparent matte plastic but it is still smooth to the touch which is nice - it is curved and hollowed - which I think is better so the powder won't break if you drop the compact.

Beside Maybelline's White Superfresh
Matt Magique in G1, Maybelline White Superfresh in 02 Nude Beige

Overall, I still like this powder because it is very soft and finely milled. After using it all up, I would probably try L'oreal's Infallible Pro Matte 16H powder next. This is priced at P400 and I got it for only P320 which is not bad. Last January, I remember this powder was even on sale at 50% for P200 and P150 for the refill! If I catch it on sale at that price, I will of course buy one again :-)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.