Review 2016: L'oreal Brow Artist Chisel Straight

I've been meaning to buy an eyebrow mascara but because its expensive online and I do not know which brand to buy, I waited and its been on my to buy list for quite sometime now. You see, like my mom, I'm not blessed with bushy brows or say thick eyebrows. So I've been dependent on eyebrow pencils and lately with eyebrow powders. I am curious on how a brow mascara would work and I was dreaming that it will make my eyebrow hairs thicker. So when I saw that L'oreal Philippines has released Brow Artist Chisel Straight I got excited and bought one right away!

On L'oreal's Facebook page it says this is priced at P400. When I went to Landmark Trinoma last week I was surprised to find out its only P300 - the sales associate said that is the regular price for this product.



I have been using L'oreal's eyebrow powder for a couple of months now - the genius kit, and I sooo love it! (See my seperate review for the genius kit) And I only got it for P200 from its original price of P400 because it was on sale :-) So now they are buddies!





 This is what's on the packaging,  instruction-wise on how to use it:



 So this is what the wand looked like:


The tip is kinda huge for me. I wanted a very thin tip for my eyebrow (end) tip. 
So this is what I look like without any eyebrow powder/ pencil on, I told you I have very thin brows:

My face bare: no eyebrow powder on, no make-up
So I decided to use this alone, Chisel straight, without any eyebrow powder on, just to see how it works and how I will look. It actually wasn't that easy to use. I applied the mascara first on the hairs of my brows, but because it wouldn't make my brows thicker than I hoped I had to rub gently the flocking tip on my eyebrows as it dries giving me an eyebrow pencil effect. If you mistakenly applied more, it would be a mess, but you have to be prepared with a spoolie brush - good thing the genius kit has one, or you can just use the mascara comb.

So here's what I looked like after:


I may have achieved the thick natural looking bushy brow that I want, but not the shape that I want.
Here's another photo for a closer look:


So what I did was to fill my brows with the genius kit powder and I think this one turned out much better but I have to admit it looks so dark which is kinda harsh. I am starting to think now if I should have gotten instead the lighter shade of Chisel straight.



So from now on I'm gonna have to use the genius kit first then just apply Chisel Straight. Btw, here was a photo the day I bought this, I tried their Chisel Straight tester on at Landmark - I tried it on my left brow:
See how the tip (left eyebrow) looked beautifully straight and solid? I hope to get that effect again soon.



Here's what my eyebrows look like using only the genius kit:




Me all glum looking - but at least my eyebrows are looking good here LOL

My conclusion is - I would stick to my L'oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit but then since I have this - I might have to use it on top of the genius kit for a more straighter brow tip look. I hope with regular use I'll be an expert soon!



(Disclaimer: This is not a paid/sponsored review)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.