Review 2016: Make-up Revolution Iconic Palettes

When I was still working in an office environment, (BPO to be exact) I used to wear very light make-up. No, I don't wear colored eye shadows - but I make sure that my eyebrows are filled in, even and has a nice shape, and that I have put some powder foundation on so that my face is not shiny. I wore either a light pink lipstick or a lip balm. If I have time and feel like it, I would put a little amount of white eye shadow on my upper and lower eyelids just to make my eyes look wide and awake.

I bought cheap drugstore eye shadows in the past - mostly impulse buys but I guess its more of the fact that I love make-up. So now that I work as a home based ESL tutor, I decided to use my eye shadows and other cosmetics. I knew I have to look good in front of my students.

Then I started to think and want quality eye shadows. I've known Urban Decay's Naked line - but never imagined I would buy one - its priced at P3,000 to P3,500 and its plain simple that I couldn't afford it.
It's a cult favorite and all over the world make-up artists use them and swear by them. If I had the money why not? But recently I admit - I have the money! But I realized I am a frugal girl when it comes to cosmetics. This is really not my type of splurge.

Anyway, so I tried researching for dupes - found a W7 brand that duped all of the Naked palettes. But I did not like its packaging - it's bulky as it was housed in a tin compact just like the Naked palettes, and it was a bit pricey at P600 to P800 a palette. The compact doesn't even have a mirror.

I am glad I came across a new popular drugstore brand in the UK - Make-Up Revolution!
They have also duped the Naked palettes and I've read some reviews from other bloggers too before I decided to purchase. I've heard a lot of good reviews -so I decided to get all three - for only P450 each.

I first bought Iconic 1 and 2 - then a few weeks later I decided to also get Iconic 3


Shot with flash

I am very satisfied with these - the colors are beautiful, I couldn't say that they nailed the eye shadow shades of Urban Decay because I don't have those to compare with, but the colors are soft and simply beautiful. They are rich and apply well - with very minimal fall out. These are good buys! Especially if you do not want to break the bank just to look beautiful.

Shot with flash - from bottom to top: Iconic 1, 3 in the middle and 2 on top
ICONIC 1

ICONIC 2
ICONIC 3
These palettes are housed in a plastic case and though it may not have a mirror - I love the design, its black and glossy- simple yet it doesn't look cheap. At a glance you can see the lovely colors of the palette because of its large transparent window.

Following a Naked tutorial online, here's how I looked like when I used these:

I must admit that I am a beginner when it comes to make-up. Good thing I got these! I am very happy with my eye shadows and my pocket is okay too hehe. The good thing about my current job is, aside from the fact that it is easy, I am home based - and that I get to play with my face using make-up which is what I love too! Applying make-up is a must now because I have to look pretty and presentable for my students.


I am very satisfied with Make-Up Revolution and so I also bought a blush and contour palette from them too..I might have to post a review on that soon. As for Urban Decay, I won't sour grape, I wanted them too of course! Maybe I can get my hands on one of their palettes soon this year, I am thinking of Naked 3 -still not so sure though because I love using these new palettes :-)


Note: This is not a paid / sponsored review





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.