Review 2017: Maybelline Tattoo Brow Gel Tint (Dark Brown)

For the past 3 years, I have been in search for a perfect brow product since I have not been blessed with thick eyebrows. Had I been given thick bushy brows, I would gladly pluck it into a perfectly shaped arc instead of doing my brows every single day. I know most women these days are into "kilay goals" and I am one of them. These days, for a woman to look good/decent, her face should be framed with a nicely, neatly done eyebrows.

So my Holy Grail eyebrow product 2 years ago was L'oreal's  Eyebrow Artist Genius Kit. Then I tried the pomade types - Milani, Nyx and Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow. Then for a year, I stuck with L'oreal's Brow Artist Designer Pro because it was just so easy to use and my brows looked naturally beautiful with it. (will also post a review on that one soon)

When I saw Maybelline's ad for their tattoo brow gel tint, I said "WOW!" An eyebrow that would last for 3 days! Just amazing! But I didn't buy one right away, its Php599 and though I can afford it, I was hesitant because I wanted to read reviews about it first, and I was hoping to buy it at a lower price in case the product's a miss.

While shopping online at Lazada, I saw that they finally offered this for Php419, I read a few reviews first, then bought it anyway.





Okay, so I was really excited to try this. I was actually thinking that the product may be hard to use to achieve that eyebrow shape I want. I was wrong, this was a breeze to use.

My bare eyebrows



So upon application, my brows look like it was done using a black marker lol.
But I waited for 3 hours, and have this faith that it would look good after I peel the gel.
It turned out that I wouldn't be disappointed.

After I peeled the gel, I was amazed! My brows look fantastic!


On my first try, after I removed/peeled the gel, I felt great about my eyebrows. It's a bit 
darker yes but I know it will fade. It is matte, but I was careful not to rub it off with a tissue because I have oily skin.

That night, since I have classes (my ESL teaching job at home) when I took a shower I was careful not to put soap/facial cleanser on my brows as instructed on the box. I patted my face with my bath towel instead of my usual rub.

This is how it looked after:





I have to admit I was quite disappointed that the color had mellowed a bit, and the edges
of my brows wasn't as solid when I first peeled of the gel. Nevertheless, I am still satisfied
because I didn't have to shape my eyebrows too much, I just have to fill the gaps with brow powder -
and I used my old favorite L'oreal Eyebrow artist genius kit.

This is the result after: (me at work from home :-)


The tail of my eyebrows were not as thin as I used to draw it using other brow products compared with this gel tattoo, but I like it anyway.


On my 2nd trip to the shower, here's what was left of my brows:


Third bath: I almost forgot to take a picture! I was already done with my left eyebrow when I remembered to take a snap. The left eyebrow has been filled with brow powder (very minimal) while
the right was the bare one, still with a bit of tattoo.


So that day, I took a selfie, I love my eyebrows! It looks natural!


The next morning, with all the tossing and turning in bed - even occasionally rubbing my face with a pillow -
I am glad I woke up like this, with eyebrows LOL :-)

waking up with eyebrows LOL

After my fourth shower, I still have a teeny bit of tattoo left:


I remedied it again with brow powder, but I love it because it takes less than 3 minutes to do my brows now.





As I write this, I have tried this product the 2nd time, I am typing with an oily face at home but I have eyebrows lol. I do not know how long the bottle will last, will update this post as soon as it runs out, will definitely keep track how many application a bottle can give.

So far, I love this brow product, my face is super oily most of the time, and I remember not rubbing my eyebrows but patting it only with a tissue on my first try, afraid the product will fail -but now I rub my face with a towel or tissue if I needed to remove the oil and I am glad this didn't transfer (what a relief hehe!)

While pomade brow products like the famous Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow can give you Instagram worthy eyebrows, I can say that wasn't sebum proof hehe. This is definitely the one for me now, it is so convenient not having to do your brows and take more time fixing it before going somewhere just to look uh decent LOL. I like it that I do not have to worry that my eyebrows are probably gone because of sweat or oil, that I do not have to shape my eyebrows after every shower with a brow product, a simple brush and eyebrow powder does the trick in 3 minutes or less.

I so love this, glad Maybelline has made this product! It is non- irritating, I didn't feel any itchiness while the gel was on, and the gel was sooo easy to peel off. It isn't hard to use this, you can always wipe the gel with a tissue right away if you made a mistake. 

I will update this post for any changes, for now I am going to use this every week.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.