Review 2017: Sparkle Contact Lens

Last year, I remember that to change my look, I tried to learn using falsies. (false lashes).
I was quite contented that I now know how to put one on, but I am no expert, it still took ages to put it which is a pain - so I didn't stick to using it. (hopefully I can also put a review on that)
At a mall one day, while waiting for my friend to arrive - it suddenly dawned on me that I have not yet tried using contacts. So, I went straight to an optical shop and bought a pair.

I settled on the Ningaloo brand since its cheap about Php300, its only good for a single use - I was afraid that I might not be able to learn how to properly put on contacts or I might not be comfortable using it.

photo not mine, credits to owner
I remember getting a hazel brown color, but sadly, because my eyes are already a dark natural brown in shade, the contacts didn't give me the effect/look that I wanted. I used the contacts for about 3x.

While window shopping online at Shopee, I came across some contact lenses there.
One brand caught my attention - Sparkle contact lenses. Its frig-gin' cheap, imported and a lot of people had already bought it and gave good reviews.  For Php180 a pair, good for a year, I bought 2 pairs right away, brown and gray.


photo not mine, credits to the owner
I bought the Color Essentials - brown and gray. I wasn't impressed with the brown color, because it didn't lighten or changed my eyes that much, like the Ningaloo. But I liked the gray one.
Warning: you will be seeing several of my selfies here LOL so here's me wearning the gray color essentials:



Comparing with the brown, there's little to no effect:



I was so satisfied with these contacts I bought two more pairs - this time the Queenbae series.
This one is 15mm, three toned, and gives a doll eye effect. This is me wearing Queenbae in brown:
I had to take a selfie the first time I wore it:

Me wearing Sparkle Queenbae in brown



I so love the effect of the Queenbae brown, but I think this is perfect only for date nights or evening
occasions. I have never worn these on a day trip, I just feel awkward changing my look this way.
The lenses are bigger than normal and the color is like lighter than hazel, my naturally dark brown eyes that usually doesn't respond to brown lenses look different with this one- it has become a very light brown shade. If I would make fun of myself, I would think I may look like a lizard with these eye color in daylight LOL.

It took me about 6 months to try the Queenbae in gray. I was trying to save it as back up in case my color essentials gray gets damaged. But I tried it anyway, thinking the effect would be fabulous.
But it wasn't as light as the Color Essentials gray.

Me wearing Queenbae in gray


My eyes were just larger, sure its nicer in person, but in photos - the Queenbae gray doesn't stand out.


I still use my Color Essentials gray - this is my favorite, this is my selfie about 2 weeks ago wearing it:

on the way to a party - me wearing Sparkle Color Essentials gray

After the party around 8pm, lens look great in a well lighted area


Maybe I will try other contact lens brands by the end of the year, but for now, all my lenses are still A-OK so I don't think I need to buy a new one yet. Maybe I'll be bolder and try some contacts in blue? LOL. Anyway, I highly recommend Sparkle, they are cheap, easy to wear and comfortable. Its also durable as it doesn't get easily damaged/torn. For Php180 a pair this is a steal!


(note: this is not a sponsored article)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.