Cheap kikay Haul!

Whenever I go out, whether it be the market or mall - I always make it a point to buy something for myself - I love cheap finds! Sometimes the items I buy are too cheap the quality sucks but then lesson learned - and sometimes I am amazed how good they are given the price. So here's what I bought so far in the last couple of months:

At Landmark Trinoma - a Marilyn Monroe mirror compact for P90:



This is an elegant compact, a crystal cut glass covers Marilyn's picture making it a bit thick and quite heavy but nonetheless this compact is gorgeous. If you pull it out of your bag to check your lipstick or your face - you wouldn't be embarrassed because it is stylish enough!

At a Sampu sampu lang store in the market: Cute vintage mirrors for P10 each and a lipstick case with mirror for also P10:



These mirrors are cute! I find them very convenient in my cosmetics kit at home, because you just pull it out in the bag and put it in front of your face, no need to open compared to compacts.
They're only P10 each so I got these two! The pink one has a glossy material, doesn't look P10 to me - the white one has a matte finish but its details are cute too! The lipstick compact case is superb in quality for P10 only and it has a lovely oriental design. I always buy my lipstick compact cases from Sampu sampu - I bought another one the other day:


 Lipstick compact cases are a must have whenever you carry a lipstick, this way when you try to reapply your lipstick or lip balm you wouldn't be fumbling in your bag for a mirror anymore.


Next, a mini sling bag from Divisoria, this is P100 only! I couldn't believe its price and I bought one right away! Believe me these sells at P249 - P299 at the SM store! How did I know? I've considered buying a sling bag last December and had to check all that they have, I bought one and gave it as a gift but that one was P200 - the slings are the same, they just put an SM tag price on it and its more than double!

Ooops sorry for the wrong angle, I can't seem to upload the photo in its correct orientation - but look at the details of this bag, I liked the carved square and diamonds design.
It has 3 pockets inside, in the middle there is a thinner smaller pocket perfect for your money, the other 2 pockets for cellphones and other small stuff.

The buckle and side locks are plated light gold - not a loud gold color but still nice, the strap is threaded in zigzag style but adjustable.

The studded versions of these sling bags are also available for about P120 whereas at the mall its P250. I plan to go back soon and will probably buy one for gifting.


Next, Perfect Bun Makers from China - I got these from Sampu Sampu stores too, the large one is P20 and the smaller one is P10:

The back of the packaging has instructions in English and Chinese - with an illustration. It can also be used for french twists but I haven't tried it.
I had a hard time using the small one, maybe this was intended for little girls? I ended up using it for a bun on a half pony and it looks decent. Save your money and settle for the longer one. After I bought this I tried it on right away (the long one) and I was amazed! It gave me a good looking bun, and its not heavy! There's a slit in the middle where you put your hair on and push at the edge then roll and snap- I didn't need a hair pin because it stayed put. This is made of a very light foam with a bendable slim metal inside that you can easily bend - what a wonderful cheap product!
Had I known this before, I wouldn't have purchased my Hotbuns! It is so darn easy to use  because there is no need to fumble for a button to put the bun together. But I can tell that the Hot buns should be saved for special occasions because it gives you a thicker bun look - this one, if you have thin hair like mine, you would have to probably use hairpins to hide the black foam, but I didn't do that because I would only be using this at home.



From a Vente store - Fen Ling brush

Vente stores are like the Sampu Sampu stores in the market - the only difference is that they are located inside shopping malls. They used to sell all items at P20, but now they sell small toys or cosmetics and faux jewelry priced P20 and up. So while I checking out their items one day, the exact same day I bought my cheap brush rolls inside Robinson's department stores - I happen to chance on this one - a Fen Ling Brush!





I was attracted to this brush because its small and the bristles are dense and soft looking. ( I was not sure then because it was in a box and you are not allowed to open it to check it out first). Its more of a Kabuki but with a longer handle. It looks like an Ecotools brush too! I thought about it for a little less than 5 minutes then bought it for P120. I thought I was getting a bargain because they sell this brush at Lazada for P250 - P300. After a few weeks I saw this brush too at Landmark Trinoma for about P90.


Anyway I didn't regret buying this cutie because its bristles are suuuuper soft! The first time I washed it, only 2 strands shed. It dried up in an hour when I placed it in front of a fan.

Look at that - it's so fluffly!

I love using this brush to apply my powder foundation. The good thing about this brush is its quality and price - and if lose it, I wouldn't cry because its not expensive!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.