Review: Kolours Dual Conditioning Hair Color in Medium Brown

The morning after I turned 18, I dyed my hair on my own - using a cheap China made hair dye.
Maybe I wasn't that thrilled with the results - because at age 33 is when I dyed my hair again.
This time I used Revlon Colorsilk - which I won't be reviewing yet since I failed to take some photos.
Anyway, I am now trying Kolours because I am curious how the product performs given its affordable price at P238.00

I bought the Medium Brown shade - I've been eyeing L'oreal's Excellence Creme in Chocolate Brown (priced at P495) but since currently I am a stay at home mom I can't bring myself to buy an expensive hair color as of the moment. Anyway, I wanted a subtle color - dark brown that would match my dark brown eyes. (Yes, I really have natural dark brown eyes - some would ask if I am wearing contacts).




As you can perhaps read on the box - it boasts that their product is best for Asian hair - that it has "perfected the right formulation" to penetrate dark, thick Asian hair - it also mentioned about it being a non drip and cream based formulation - and its Color Retention Technology. Okay we'll see!

Forgive my head shot, my hair is a mess - but this is what my hair looked like before coloring. I colored my hair back in March using Revlon ColorSilk and a cheap hair dye shampoo in August.



Here's my observation while using Kolours:

Pros:
- It is affordable
- It doesn't have a strong chemical smell
- It includes 2 sachets of after color conditioner
- I did a patch test as a precaution, but I can't wait 48 hours so I used it after 12 hours only - no allergic reactions for me

Cons:
-  I hate it that the cream coloring is housed on a toothpaste like tube - its so hard to get all the product out, I messed some of it on my shirt while I was trying to squeeze the tube.
- Its hard to take the product off of my skin - I forgot to put some petroleum jelly on my neck and ears and face so if you are using this do not forget to put some petroleum jelly.



Here are my shots a day after I applied Kolours:
Under fluorescent light - no flash - taken inside our house
Shot with flash
No flash - taken outside - natural daylight

For now I can say I am satisfied with Kolours. I may try L'oreal or Bigen soon to compare but for now I am good with this product. I love that it gave my hair a subtle hint of dark brown under a fluorescent light (indoors) and a more rich dark brown color under natural daylight (outdoors) which is really what I wanted. I hate a loud reddish orangey brown color and believe it or not that happened to me when I tried Revlon Colorsilk and I had to correct it in 2 days so I bought another dark brown Revlon Colorsilk to tone it down so I spent about P800 in a month with Revlon.

I will edit this and add more feedback in a month or two. We'll see what happens.

UPDATE:

After 2 months and a week, my roots (black) are now visible. I bought two more boxes of these  (same shade Medium Brown and Thai Tamarind) because they were on sale last Christmas. (Buy 1 take 1 for P256 @ SM) I am satisfied with Kolours although I noticed that my hair sheds quite a lot these days. I've been suffering from hairfall for quite sometime now anyway and I don't really think its because of this hair dye. I bought the L'oreal Fashion Excellence too in Ashy Nude Brown and I will probably use that first to compare and will post reviews too!

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored review.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NiceLadiesThings. Powered by Blogger.